Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Saying "Goodbye" to Rome

Well, this will be my last blog.


Yesterday we toured a few churches and saw many cool things. We started in Sant' Anselmo with Fr. Gregory and went around to a few others. We learned about the shape and style of a basilica and what each part is used for.
I had read in Heaven in Stone and Glass about how churches are shaped in the form of a crucifix. The heart of the church, where the priest often presides over Mass, is the area where the crucifix crosses. This is, for me, an indication that the church intends to offer Mass at the place where the heart of Christ would be positioned on the cross. It makes the word of God much more personal.

It will be so hard to say goodbye to a place that has been so extraordinary. As this is my first experience out of States, I have to say: it was a good place to start. I love the people, I love the food, I love the scenery. This was definitely a good idea. I hope everyone in their lifetime has a chance to have as good as an experience in a different culture as I have had.
Thanks to everyone who has followed us in our pilgrimage. Special shout out to Cedar girls and my family (all of whom I know have been on this page almost everyday). Thanks for reading!
Nina
(Nina is the last person on the right in the photo from Sant'Anselmo)

No comments: