Monday, January 8, 2007

A peaceful moment.

While standing in St. Pauls Basilica yesterday, I got a ture feeling of how large and wonderful all these churchs are. Even though St. Peters Baslica is quite larger than St. Pauls Basilica i felt its magnitude much more. We went to St. Pauls later in the evening to watch vespers, being there late like that we got to experience a much quieter church. Without so many people, as there is in St. Peters, you really understand how large and powerful all these places are. When I was standing up on the alter I could look out and see this huge empty church, there something about it when there are no people. Without tourists standing everywhere it feels much more peaceful and I get a greater sence of what it would have felt like to stand in one of these massive churches hundereds of years ago. I would love to have to oppurtunity to walk in to an empty St. Peters, that would be a truly powerful experience. ( Brynn )

No comments: