Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Saying Goodbye to Roma

Buon Giorno!

Today is our final full day in Rome. Tomorrow, the bus is going to be here at an early 5:30am to whisk us away to Munich! There are so many things I'm going to miss here: hearing the Italian language everywhere, watching German television, walking almost everywhere, and crossing the street knowing no one will hit you! It is going to be sad when I go home and can't say, "Let's run over to the Colloseum quick!" or "What kind of gelato are we going to get next?". I'm going to find limited opportunities to say the small Italian phrases I have learned through the course of this trip, too. It is going to be quite an adjustment going back to the US, but I am excited to see my family and friends again. This experience has been a once in a lifetime opportunity and I have to thank Father Graham and CSS for making it possible. What a great way to take a religion course! Going abroad for a course is a choice that needs a lot of consideration and effort, but it is worth it.

Ciao!
Amanda Barras

No comments: