Thursday, January 11, 2007

Comments Now Open: In Rome Together

ClusterMap

A lot of folks greeted me today with, "Thanks for the blog" - it seems that quite a few people shared our journey to Rome with us. The map shows 1770 direct hits on the blog, and we know others who are reading via news aggregators.

This blog was experimental. We wanted to see its effect on students' experience of their journey and its meaning for them. We also wanted to explore this method of building community within CSS -- could we find a way to offer a shared experience? We think it has been successful at this too.

We turned off the COMMENTS feature of the blog while we were in Italy as a safety precaution: our photos and travel plans were posted. Now that we are home, we are turning on the COMMENTS feature - feel free to leave us a note here (publicly) or by e-mail if you have thoughts or questions.

(Sister Edith)
ebogue@css.edu

2 comments:

herzgeist said...

Greetings from Germany!
The first reason I followed this blog nearly every day was because I saw Sr Edith at the airport in Chicago in the food corner, typing away one of the first entries on her laptop. I happened to see the blog title (I was standing with my wife and my little kids next to her table), and when I saw the whole group entering the same plane that we did, I was interested in what you all were up to.
One of the first things back home again was checking out your blog. Since I've been in Rome several times, seeing the same things you did and visiting the same places, it was very interesting watching all the different photos and articles pop up - it felt like home, somehow.
And somehow I think it's a pity to know that it's over - maybe you could tell me when you're going on your next trip, and i will follow your blog (if ou plan to do one) just the same.
Good luck to all of you, share your experiences!
kaedinger

Ruth said...

Enjoyed reading your blog and "vicariously " traveling along! I'd like to compliment everyone for writing posts that were descriptive of what you saw that I could follow along although I've never been to those places....and then tied in your spiritual experiences, reactions, etc. . I agree with the previous poster that I wish you were all going on another trip- thoroughly enjoyed your blog. Thanks and welcome back to the States.