Monday, January 8, 2007

Good - Bye Italy.

Unfortunately today it is raining. However, we did get to start off with a great morning with a wonderful tour of San Maria and a couple others. We saw some great mosaics, it is just amazing how much work that must have been put into those. The pieces are so tiny and works are so very large. In St. Peters Basilica everything that appears to be a painting is actually a mosaic, except for in the small chapel, there is one painting in there. It is just so awesome, we see all these paintings and wonder how long they must have taken, but to see all those mosaics everywhere, on the floor, the domes, and the walls, its quite amazing, as many things here are.

As the day carried on we got a good amount of rain, which led a lot of us to a nap. I wish it would not have, but a lot of us needed the sleep. Tonight we will be going out as one large group for the last time. When we first got here I thought this trip was going to go slow because of all the things we were doing, but it is surprising how fast it went. I am excited to be home, but this has been a great experience. I feel like I have made a couple of truly good friends and I have created many memories which I will never forget. Tomorrow will be our last day and hopefully a great one, if the weather permits. But all in all this has been a great experience and I am extremely thankful that I had this oppurtunity. ( Brynn )

No comments: