Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Another beautiful day in Rome

Buon girono!
Today is the first chance I've gotten to blog. Today we got up early to wait in line at the Vatican Museum. There was so much there! Too much to look at, in fact. Nina, Sunna, and I mainly looked at the Modern Art Exhibits, the Christian Art museum, the Ancient Egypt museum, and the Sistine Chapel. It is indescribable and the pictures that were taken can't do it justice. I myself didn't take any pictures, but plenty of people were ignoring the signs stating that there were to be no photos, no flash photography, or any talking. Sunna and I spent hours sitting, just taking in the beauty of the ceiling and the walls.

Next, we visited the Vatican. After a brief wait in the security check line, Nina, Sunna, and I found our way beside the Basillica of St. Peter. The basillica is amazing from ceiling to floor. There were so many things to look at, but the thing that caught my eye the most was a painting of a sister praying at a window; she can't see is that Jesus appears right before her. This doesn't sound extravaggant but light from a nearby window was falling on the mosaic, right onto Jesus' head and halo! It was one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen, and that means something after I have just seen the Peita and the Sistine Chapel!

No comments: