Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Anticipating Rome

My name is Sandra Riggs and I am a senior majoring in biology pre-medicine and minoring in chemistry and psychology. I have always wanted to travel to Italy and when I heard about this opportunity I jumped at the chance. Actually, I was originally going to go on this trip as a freshmen, then a sophomore, then a junior......but I'm finally taking it now. Next fall I will begin medical school and really want to do some traveling before then. I am excited to see/do everything on the agenda in Italy and then some! I love the fact that about half of the main Cable staff is going since we travel in packs because we cannot function independently. I will do my best to stay hydrated and to be ok with the fact I will not be wearing my usual heels for two weeks. Hopefully I will not order cow intestines for dinner or get pick-pocketed or lost. I have a feeling New Year's will be a little more exciting in Rome than watching the big ball drop in New York on T.V. in my parent's basement in the middle of no-where-land, MN. I can't wait!

1 comment:

CSS in Rome said...

Good to see you here on the blog! I'm glad that so many Cable writers are going - what a great crew to have for a blog!

I've wondered about New Years in Rome as well. In the Monastery, we have silence and recollection all day - but some attend the SMDC Holiday bash at the DECC in the evening. I'm more the silent-meditation type, so I've never done the big shenanigans. (Sister Edith)