Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Another introduction . . .

Hello all,

My name is Ada and I am a senior English and Communication major. This will be my fourth journey across "the big pond": I have been to London specifically twice and studied abroad in Ireland during my sophomore year, which included excursions to England, Paris and Germany. I have always wanted to travel to Italy and am very excited for our impending journey. Although I tried to learn Italian during my elementary school years -- probably because my mom is a piano teacher and most of the terminology for music is in Italian -- but I ended up with a crude understanding of French, so I'm a little nervous about the language issues. Hopefully, I'll pick up a few Italian phrases before departure and while I'm over there, the Italian people will be sympathetic. I'm especially excited to see Florence, but think all of the trip should interesting and enjoyable. Ciao!

1 comment:

Sister Edith Bogue said...

I like your description of trying to learn Italian. I haven't had a chance to pursue that, so I'm just praying that the Italians are willing to speak to me either in English or my very rusty French.