Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Let the countdown begin

Hi everyone! My name is Angie Johnson and I'm very excited to report that our group will be arriving in Rome on Saturday! As a senior English and communication major at St. Scholastica, I feel that this trip to Rome will be a great learning experience and a much-needed vacation! Many of my friends are also in Father Graham's Christian Faith in Art class, and we can't stop talking about how much fun we're going to have.

This trip is going to be a great opportunity for me. Unless you count Thunder Bay, Canada, I've never been out of the country. I've always wanted to travel to Europe but never thought it was possible, so going to Rome in a few days is amazing! I can't wait to immerse myself in the history, culture and faith of Italy; all of the studying we've done up to this point cannot replace the actual experience of being there and seeing it for ourselves. All the places and people we've talked about do not seem quite real yet. My only regret will be not being able to stay longer and see more of Italy and Europe. But some day I will. I can't wait to toss a coin in the Trevi Fountain -- legend has it that anyone who tosses a coin in this fountain will one day return to Rome, the "Eternal City."

No comments: