Saturday, December 9, 2006

And to continue the introductions

Hello all,
My name is Amanda Barras, but I've developed the nickname Rookie and probably won't answer to Amanda anymore. I'm a sophomore double majoring in Ojibwe Language and Culture and Elementary Education with an emphasis in mathematics. I transferred last semester from Minnesota State University Moorhead.
One thing I am looking forward to once I get to Rome is getting lost. I know its going to happen! I can't follow maps. I'll get seperated from the group because I get easily distracted. I will probably wonder off to look at something or listen to someone talking in Italian. I can't retrace my steps because I won't remember how I got where I am. But don't worry, I'm taking steps to prepare myself for this/these experience(s). I'll get a card from the hotel, take lots of pictures to help retrace my steps, and I've already got the phrase "Mi sono perso" down (that translates to "I'm lost"). This experience is one that I will never forget and I'm not going to let a few misguided adventures (getting lost) get in the way of enjoying Rome, Assissi, and Florence!

2 comments:

CSS in Rome said...

Thanks for your introduction. I look forward to meeting you face to face. I'll try to help you stay with the group, but it sounds like you're well prepared for getting lost. When we get to Rome, we should get a map and mark the place where we're staying right on it.

Nina Rae said...

Rookie, don't worry! I'm going to be lost with you! At least you know what to say! I haven't even started breaking out my language key phrases card! Love Nina. ;)